The STEAM Youth Academy this year includes one week of hands-on, at-home learning in science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM). Independently or with your family, connect with other students and instructors virtually to engage in the following:
- Explore mathematical concepts through folding and visualization.
- Build contraptions and explore electricity through circuits.
- Participate in team building through fitness and theatre activities.
- Apply engineering design principles to collaborate on virtual STEAM projects with a social justice focus.
We are excited to announce our week-long S(TEAM)2 Teacher Academy that will take place July 19 to 25, 2020. We will select 12 educators to be part of this experiential professional development program, a collaboration of the University of San Diego School of Leadership and Education Sciences, the Shiley Marcos School of Engineering and the Mathematics Department within the College of Arts and Sciences. Why participate?
- Engage in collaborative virtual STEAM projects with a social justice focus
- Develop skills to improve your own STEAM classroom instruction
- Improve your use of tools and techniques for engaging students from diverse cultural backgrounds in STEAM
- Become part of a professional learning community
- Strengthen your online facilitation skills
- Develop skills in the use of folding and mathematical games for facilitating the development of mathematical thinking and visualization
- Apply the engineering design process to facilitate creative problem solving